The importance of social media marketing is something businesses need to bear in mind. It plays a key part in the success of any business strategy.
Social media is powerful. So powerful in fact that it can grow your business and your success significantly if done the right way. Surprisingly, businesses are only just realising the importance of social media marketing strategies. With so many perks, it just makes sense to jump on the social bandwagon. For many years, personal lives have been influenced by the social media world, enabling us to connect with our family and friends, share our news and things we enjoy as well as following and engaging with our favourite brands.
Social media has changed the world’s perception of where we find information and how we communicate with others. Where businesses are concerned, social media can be used in more detail to promote, advertise and encourage more website clicks. It can be a great tool if used in the right way. Let’s give you a bit of an insight to the importance of social media.
Is social media really worth it for my business?
Let’s be honest. Not everyone is interested in social media. You might not even have any personal accounts of your own, or even understand how to use them. This doesn’t mean you have to cross it off your strategy list completely. In fact, social media is one of the best ways to promote your business and grow your customer base.
The importance of social media is something that needs to be considered, and where your business is concerned, the possibilities are endless.
- Your target audience is definitely on social media, and are really quite active! People from all walks of life and with a range of interests are looking for things that they can use or invest in. Advertising your products and services can gain you an incredible reach.
- Your customers can leave business reviews on sites like Facebook for example, giving new people looking for your services a better idea of what to expect, perhaps even being that final decision making factor.
- You can build the trust of your followers and customers by showing you mean business. From being completely transparent in your marketing approach, you can show you’re human. Being friendly and accomodating with reviews and comments can keep your customers loyal.
What should I post about?
Here’s a big one. It can be difficult to know what makes your customers tick, what makes them become interested and what content will encourage them to click on your website to browse your products. It goes without saying that your content needs to be interesting and informative. How else can you get the right custom? To some extent, if you know your target audience, you’ll have some idea of what they like to see and engage with.
The best way to work out what your customers want in the beginning is to test out different types of content. Images, video, ads, testimonials, offers; the list continues! When you know what they react well to, you’ll be able to easily create a social media strategy with this in mind.
Which platforms should I be on?
The first thing to remember is that you don’t need to be on every social media platform around to get noticed. In fact, some platforms could be useless depending on your industry. We’d recommend being on the most popular sites where your audience is more active.
- Facebook is the world’s number one social network and is guaranteed to home a large proportion of your target audience. It has an endless list of features and running ads has never been easier!
- Twitter is another great platform if you’re looking to connect with your audience as well as like-minded businesses. Growing your following and using the right content works just as well as Facebook.
- Instagram, although a newer platform, has grown to be a hugely popular one for a number of business and industries. Sharing images and video to your audience has never been easier!
- LinkedIn is specifically for business professionals and allows you to connect with other people in your industry or in your target market. This platform is great if you’re a B2B business looking for new leads and audiences.
How often should I post on my profiles?
Before you sign up to your platforms, you need to make sure you have the time and the staff to regularly update your profiles. Each platform has a recommended amount of times to post per day.
- Facebook – twice per day.
- Twitter – at least 3 times per day.
- Instagram – once or twice per day.
- LinkedIn – once per day.
As you can see, there is a huge pressure to come up with different content types, multiple times per day. Most of the time, you’ll not be able to afford much time away from the stresses of running a business. An digital agency like SEO Yorkshire can help you to deliver the right strategy, taking all the stress away from social media marketing.
What is a social media management tool and how can I benefit from it?
A social media management tool is a single place where you can schedule and monitor your social media posts. By linking all your accounts, you can easily keep on track with your posting for each day in one spot. It doesn’t reduce the amount of time it takes to create your content, but it makes it much easier to organise. When it comes to the importance of social media marketing, this should be up there with your top priorities!
Scheduling your posts and monitoring them is only one feature of a social media management tool. As well as these crucial features, you can monitor keywords and your calendar, as well as engage with your audience through the tool.
SEO Yorkshire knows the importance of social media marketing.
We know. It’s not easy keeping on top of, or even creating a social media marketing strategy. Without one, you’re limiting your chances of gaining new followers and customers, causing the speed of company growth to slow down. We know how to create the best social media marketing strategy for your business, without cutting corners!
From the building of social profiles to the creation of the most conversion worthy content, we know where to begin. If you’re looking for some answers or want to hear more about the importance of social media marketing for your business, get in touch today by phone 01226 720 756 or by email [email protected]